Ingenious provides consulting services and/or execution on all aspects of PSM programs in accordance with OSHA Standards, API-RP520, API-RP521, API-STD2000 (for atmospheric vents) DIERS method, and ASME codes. Ingenious PSM project execution generally involves two phases. Phase I consists of identification of concerns which are violating safety standards/regulations. Phase II is a continuation of Phase I in which all of the concerns raised in Phase I are mitigated with proposed minimum modifications.
- Data Collection
- Overpressure Scenario Identification
- Relief rate calculation
- Column Calculation
- Report Generation
- Discussion List
- New relief device
- Conventional to Balanced Bellows PSV
- Change inlet/outlet piping
- Relief device set pressure change
- Install stand-by relief device identical to existing one
- EPDM & SBR Plant Revalidation, Lion Copolymer: Lion Copolymer is one of the leading manufacturers of synthetic rubber in USA. For their two manufacturing units in Louisiana (LA), one in Baton Rouge, LA and the newly acquired (from Uniroyal) in Geismar, LA, the PSM study is being carried out by Ingenious.
- Tank farm - Marathon refinery: PSM study of this plant included scenario identification, relief rate quantification and adequacy check of all relief devices per API 521 and API2000 guidelines.
- Ultrafiner unit- Marathon refinery: The temperature, pressure, composition, and flow rates from expanded capacity simulation model were used as the basis for the Pressure Relief Analysis for the unit.
- Sour water stripping unit -Marathon refinery: Studied adequacy of relief devices. For relief rate, quantification of scenarios on stripper column and process simulation with Petro-SIM engine was carried out.
- Sulfur recovery and Tail gas treating Unit (ConocoPhillips refinery): Mitigated the pressure relief documentation of 43 relief devices and their concerned equipment.
- Sulfur Recovery Unit (SRU) - ConocoPhillips refinery: Relief valves were studied to check whether it provides adequate capacity to prevent overpressure based on the calculated relief rates.
- Amine Regeneration Unit - ConocoPhillips refinery: Based on the existing database, and H&MB the 24 relief valves in the scope were evaluated for adequacy checks.
Ingenious uses market leading software applications for executing itâ€™s consulting projects. These include:
- AutoCAD, CadWorx
- ChemCAD Steady State, Therm, ReACS, Dynamics, Batch, SafetyNet
- Petro-Sim, steady state and dynamic
- ProPlan, planning, economics and modeling software
- ANN reactor models, & custom spreadsheets
Ingenious strives to build flexibility, low cost and incorporate value engineering principles into all of our Process Consulting projects which allow for a more customized approach that matches all of our Clients' needs.